Terms & Conditions:
1. Upon payment of the Deposit by the client, the Photographer will reserve the Working Hours during the Shoot Day agreed upon, and will not make other reservations for that same date and time. For this reason, the Deposit paid is non-refundable in any event, even if the Shoot Day is changed or cancelled for any reason, including acts of God, fire, strike, and extreme weather. The Deposit paid cannot be transferred for use by other parties.
2. Full balance of the Fees must be paid not later than the above-mentioned photo taking date, failure to do so the Photographer has the right to refuse to provide any of the photographs and videos taken.
3. If the Client postpones the Shoot Day for any reason, the Photographer and the Client shall discuss and agree upon an alternative shoot day on which the Photographer would be available to provide the Service. The Photographer has no obligation to provide the Service in the case that the Client insists on a new shoot day on which the Photographer is unavailable or which is over one year after the Shoot Day. Unless the postponement is caused by very poor weather, acts of God, war, fire or strike, a 15% surcharge on the Fees would be required for re-scheduling the shoot.
4. A surcharge of $500 per hour for each Photographer and the crew member will apply if the Photographer is required to provide coverage over the Working Hours. Further, an additional amount of $500 per hour for each crew member would be charged if the coverage commences before 8:30 am.
5. The Photographer will provide the Client with photo files only after they have been digitally processed. Photo files are digitally processed in relation to exposure, contrast and general colour tone. Digital processing takes approximately 8-12 weeks. If the Client requires skin and body retouching, removal of items or any other special retouching effects for any of the photos, additional charges would be required.
6. The photographs, digital negatives or prints produced by the Photographer are protected by the Hong Kong copyright laws and the Photographer retains the copyright to all photos and images produced. The Client may distribute, reproduce or use any images in any manner they like for sharing and enjoyment of friends and relatives but not for profit making purposes. For the avoidance of doubt, the Client agrees that the Photographer may use and publish the photographs for educational, editorial, exhibitions, competition and advertising purposes.
7. If the Photographer has to cancel this agreement for reasons beyond the Photographer’s control, including death, injury and serious sickness, the Photographer’s liability shall be limited to all payment received. In that case, the Photographer shall make every effort to find an alternative qualified photographer with equivalent skill and experience. The Photographer takes the utmost care with respect to exposure, transportation, and processing the photographs including using professional grade equipment and professional grade backup equipment. However, in the unlikely event those photographs have been lost, stolen, or destroyed for any reasons, the Photographer’s liability is limited to the return of all payments received. The limit of liability for a partial loss of originals shall be a prorated amount of the exposures lost based on the percentage of total number of originals.